HMV Canada and Bell have come to an agreement that starts today to offer cellphones in its retail locations (looks like only in southern Ontario so far). HMV will offer devices from Bell, Solo Mobile and Virgin Mobile at these outlets:
– The Holt Renfrew Centre, 50 Bloor St. West. Toronto.
– The HMV Super Store, 333 Yonge St. Toronto.
– Yonge and Eglinton, 2300 Yonge St. Toronto.
– Erin Mills Town Centre, 5100 Erin Mills Pkwy. Mississauga.
– Scarborough Town Centre, 300 Borough Dr. Scarborough.
– Square One Shopping Centre, 100 City Centre Dr. Mississauga.
– Fairview Mall, 1800 Sheppard Ave. E. North York.
Bell currently has its mobile phones available in Best Buy, Future Shop and Wal-Mart and this will simply extends its reach in the Canadian market. HMV is excited as this expands their market to offer more than just movies and music (which is hurting) and can offer their customers the latest phones that can do all the entertainment activities people want: games, music, movies… One of the phones that was notably mentioned that HMV will carry is the recently launched Samsung Instinct.
Humphrey Kadaner, President of HMV Canada said “We are thrilled to be partnering with Bell as part of our ongoing evolution as an entertainment retail destination. As part of that evolution, we believe that mobile media and mobile devices will play an ever-increasing role in the lives of our customers.
Wade Oosterman, President of Bell Mobility and Chief Brand Officer for Bell Canada said “By partnering with HMV, Bell reaches a client base that places high value on the multimedia capabilities offered by our mobile devices and services”