With increasing amounts of accidents due to texting while walking, driving, eating and bathing(?)… SpinVox, a service that converts voice messages into text, has found a creative way to get press and also give tips on how to practice safe texting. Here are the 5 useful tips:
1. Before texting, survey your surroundings. If there is a chance of something striking you, such as a ball near a basketball court, move to a safer location.
2. Never text while your body’s in motion. Texting while driving can be fatal, but even a sidewalk can present many hidden dangers to the distracted. You could walk into a telephone pole, trip on a crack in the concrete, or skate into a dog’s leash.
3. Don’t just consider your own safety — consider the safety of others as well. You may think you’re safe from serious injury while texting on the go, but more serious injuries could result from walking into a small child or an older person with a cane. Never text when you have younger children with you — it is easy to get “lost” in a cell phone screen.
4. Don’t text while in the middle of cooking, mowing the lawn or other dangerous chores.
And finally – the sales plug – otherwise known as “Tip #5”:
5. Take advantage of new voice-to-content services such as SpinVox, which allow users to speak messages that are then converted to text and delivered simultaneously to as many people as they want.