– Launched the anticipated BlackBerry 8100 for $25 on a 3-year contract, monthly price plans range from
$15 – $60. If this is successful we will see more BlackBerry devices coming, like the 8900 and the Pearl Flip (Thanks dirtyj!)
– They will be launching the Samsung f266 on February 10th for $25 on a 2-year plan or $125 outight.
– Sony Ericsson T303 will be launching late Feb, Early March
– The biggest conversation this week was the new Smartphone rate plans from Rogers and how it’s capped at 500mb. Plans start at $45 and go to $70.
– Sony Ericsson posted the XPERIA and the C905 as “coming soon” on their website. This gives us hope that we will see these around the Q2 & Q3 timeframe.
– Palm Centro launched for a promo price of $49 on a 3-year with $45 voice and data plan. Even though this is now available the conversation is the anticipation of these rumoured devices hitting Bell:
Palm Pro – Q2
Samsung Omnia 910 – Q2
HTC Opal – Q2
Blackberry Pearl Flip Apex – Late Q1-Q2
Blackberry Niagra – Late Q2-Q3
HTC Touch HD -Q3
Palm Pre – Q4
-Bell BlackBerry 8830 OS 188.8.131.52 released
– Big conversation this week as they hiked their plans up by 17%, $5 per month.
– On Friday, Virgin dropped the price of the BlackBerry Curve 8330 to $39 – now offering the lowest price available.
– The first new carrier from the AWS Spectrum Auction made its first phone call. Formally BMV Holdings, now named Public Mobile