One of the coolest apps that was announced at Apple WWDC 2009 was Zip Car. If you need a car for a few hours you might want to get this free app.
Check out the video demo of it in action… but a quick rundown of the Zipcar app allows you to find and reserve a cars, sort cars by time, model or type, and while in a reservation, even honk, unlock and lock the vehicle with their iPhone or iPod touch.
Zip Car Inc. has also come up with the “10 cool things members can do with the Zipcar App”:
1. Find available Zipcars on a map using your current location, a favorite location, or any location
2. Reserve a Zipcar anytime, anywhere
3. Sort cars by time available, car type and model
4. View upcoming reservations
5. Get directions to your Zipcar
6. Easily locate your reserved Zipcar by telling it to honk its horn
7. Unlock and lock your Zipcar after scanning your Zipcard at the start of each reservation
8. Tap to contact Zipcar if help is needed during a reservation
9. Extend or cancel reservations on the go
10. Play around with the virtual key fob and make sounds even when you’re not in a reservation
Download it here from the App Store (requires iPhone OS 3.0)