The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has released its first-ever mobile app, aimed at reminding Canadians to pay their taxes on time.
The Business Tax Reminders app is available for Android, iOS and BlackBerry and allows small and medium-sized businesses to set alerts for the various due dates of specific taxes. The government states the app is designed for businesses who have less than $20 million in revenue and fewer than 500 employees.
The Honourable Kerry-Lynne D. Findlay, Minister of National Revenue, said, “Our Government is committed to reducing red tape and improving services for small and medium-sized businesses. Our new mobile app is only the latest in a series of implemented reforms that demonstrate our continued commitment to work with the business community in Canada, ensuring the CRA’s online business services meet the needs of its users.”
The app is free and available in both English and French. Here’s the full list of reminders a business can set:
- Installment due dates for Personal Income Tax, Corporation Income Tax and Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax program accounts;
- Return due dates for the following CRA returns:
- GST/HST returns,
- T2 Corporation Income Tax return,
- T4 information return,
- T5013 partnership information return,
- T1 Personal Income Tax and Benefit return;
- Remittance due dates for Payroll and Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax program accounts.
[source] CRA [/source]
I still love Tetris and still the biggest fan of Tim Hortons in the world. Now into its tenth year, my focus at MobileSyrup is advertising and partnership and ensuring Canadians have a voice in the wireless market.