It looks like the Big Three carriers are winding down their Boxing Week promotions. Telus has already removed its Boxing Week offers, while Rogers has labelled several of its plans as expiring on January 10th. So far, Bell’s website simply says, “Boxing Week offers extended,” and doesn’t indicate when any of the promotions will end.
Telus now offers the following plans (along with comparisons to the Boxing Week offers):
- $85/mo 25GB (up to 250Mbps) | previously $85/mo 50GB (up to 250Mbps)
- $95/mo 50GB (up to 1Gbps) | previously $90/mo 100GB (up to 1Gbps)
- $105/mo 60GB (up to 1Gbps) + Unlimited Canada-U.S. calling, texting, and data | previously $95/mo 100GB (up to 1Gbps) + Unlimited Canada-U.S. calling, texting, and data
- $125/mo 100GB (up to 1Gbps) + Unlimited Canada-U.S. calling, texting, and data | not part of Boxing Week offers
It’s worth noting that Telus’ plans offer unlimited data, which means once you’ve used all the data included on the plan, you can keep using data at a slower speed of up to 512Kbps. Moreover, the new Telus plans match up with the carrier’s pre-Boxing Week plans, which MobileSyrup documented in mid-December. You can check out the Telus plans here.
Update 2023/01/11 at 9:42am ET: As indicated by Rogers’ website yesterday, the company has removed several of its Boxing Week offers and replaced them with different plans:
- Infinite Essential: $85/mo 25GB (up to 250Mbps speed) | Previously $75/mo 50GB
- Infinite Extra: $95/mo 40GB (up to 1Gbps speed) | Previously $80/mo 100GB
It’s worth noting that Rogers still has the $55/mo add-a-line promo plan, but that offer ends on January 11th (presumably, the plan will go from 25GB of data back to 5GB as it was before). Beyond that, the rest of Rogers’ plans match its pre-Boxing Week offers, which MobileSyrup documented here.
You can check out Rogers’ plans here.
Update 2023/01/11 at 9:42am ET: Bell has also ended its Boxing Week offers, going back to the following plans:
- Essential: $85/mo 25GB (up to 250Mbps speed) | Previously $85/50GB
- Ultimate 45: $95/mo 45GB (at fastest available 5G+ speed) | Previously $90/100GB
- Ultimate 60 CAN/U.S.: $105/mo 60GB (at fastest available 5G+ speed) | Previously $95/100GB
- Ultimate 100 CAN/U.S.: $125/mo 100GB (at fastest available 5G+ speed) | Not previously listed
- Lite (add-a-line plan): $60/mo 10GB (4G only, up to 150Mbps) | Previously $55/25GB
Generally, these plans match what Bell offered pre-Boxing Week, with some minor changes. Notably, the carrier hiked the price of its ‘Lite’ add-a-line plan by $5/mo and reduced the data by 15GB. Bell also appears to have dropped its Essential 20 $55/20GB plan that was only available for internet and TV customers. It’s not clear if Bell simply removed the plan from its website but still offers it or if the plan is gone entirely.
You can check Bell’s plans here.
With that, the Big Three and their flanker brands have largely wrapped up Boxing Week promotions and deals. If you missed any, it might be worth holding off on phone upgrades or switching plans until a new offer comes along.
My passion for tech started with my first iPod and has carried through smartphones and computers of all kinds. Android is my jam, but I get excited for anything cool that happens in tech. I also enjoy gaming, building my own computers and digging into how things work.